If you've never worked with me:
- Make sure I know about tattoos, so I can have makeup ready.
- Remove body hair in advance to minimize razor/wax burn.
- Be ready to remove piercings for the shoot (small earrings are okay).
- Wear eyeliner, grey or brown eyeshadow. But don't extend beyond the eye area.
- Use mascara or false eyelashes.
- Fingernails and toenails light, not bright: pale pink, beige, French, buff, etc. are all great.
- Lips: neutrals/pinks not red.
- Eyebrows: Natural. Don't darken. No eyebrow pencil unless otherwise discussed.
- No dark lips, No red or purple lips.
- No dark fingernails, No dark toenails. No red, black, or dark nails!
- No super long nails, please. No pointy/claw nails.
- Don't overdraw lips or eyes.
- No elastic or tight clothing, this includes socks, underwear, bra.
If you've never done nudes:
- Minimize tan lines; all over tan (not dark) is best. No sunburns! Use sunscreen, remember shoulders and neckline.
- Wear baggy clothes; nothing tight the day of. No socks or jeans! This avoids elastic lines. You can bring lingerie for the warm-up shoot, just wait until we're ready to use it.
If you've never modeled before:
- Get restful sleep two nights before. You may be a too excited the night before to rest well.
- Stay active, but don’t do any marathon workouts the day before. Stay hydrated (drink water.)
- Pack your stuff. (model's survival kit.)
- Avoid excessive caffeine or alcohol. Eat sensibly.
- Don't experiment with new hair or skin treatments.
- Bring a government-issued photo ID that shows your date of birth (Driver's license, passport, military ID, etc.) and a second form of ID (Other photo ID, birth certificate, student ID, etc.)
- Navigation: Get in touch if you're lost, don't be embarrassed, just ask.
- Please let me know ASAP if you're going to be late or can't make it, no explanation is required.
What to bring
- If we are shooting outdoors, bring shoes for hiking, etc. If we're shooting in an abandoned building, bring flip flops for breaks.
- Makeup for touch ups, especially mascara and eyeliner.
- An outfit for the warm-up portion before we do nudes.
- Wear loose fitting clothes for the drive over; no elastic, socks, underwear, or bra. Sweats and slippers work great.
- A robe, sweater, or other coverup in case you get cold on breaks or if we're working outside.
- Bring some items that can be worn as a focal point of an otherwise nude photo: a scarf, hat, gloves, shoes, even an open shirt worn on it's own.
Long-term model care
- Use sunscreen before going outdoors
- Avoid sun between 10am-2pm in warm weather
- For the beach, get a tan-through swimsuit
- Have different straps for every day of the week to avoid tan lines
- Don't sign up for punch-me-in-the-face style kickboxing
- Be healthy